Our family is camping in our RV near St. Clair, Missouri, to see the solar eclipse on Monday, August 21st. St. Clair is one of the cities n the USA that is on the path of “totality”.
This means the moon will hide the sun completely there, so it will be totally dark around 1:30 in the afternoon on the day of the eclipse for over 2 minutes! We are so EXCITED to be able to observe this!!
In the meantime, my grandsons are having fun taking walks in the woods and enjoying the great outdoors.
What a good list of items and photos! You were the first one to find a real pill bug! Congratulations!!!!!
This week’s homework assignment is about everybody’s favorite bug . . . the pill bug!
Click below to read an interesting article on this little bug and then answer the questions:
***See if you can find any pill bugs hiding around in your yard.
Take a picture of them if you do!
Great pictures, Thiyanah! Thank you for sharing!
Mousy has a prize for you . . . if we can get him to share!
Rocks and Pebbles
Sticks or Twigs
Turn off your computer and take a walk outside!
Here is a list of things to look for as you walk and run around:
insects (bees, ants, wasps etc.)
- Take a picture of each one with your phone or camera.
- Download the pictures to a file on your desktop.
- Go to TLC Tutoring Updates. (https://janiceintexas.edublogs.org) Click on YOUR blog on the right side of the page. Log into your blog by clicking on the small blue text below where it says “Password”. ****YOU CAN ALSO type in the URL for your blog and then enter your username and password. But DO NOT type your password into the first login box. Click BELOW it to see the correct login box for your blog.
- When your blog comes up, click on the small title for your blog at the very top next to “Customize”. Then find “Dashboard” and click.
- Next, click on “Pages” and “Add New”.
- When a new page comes up, click on “Add Media”. Click “Browse” and open a picture file. Now you can insert the picture into the page. Do this again for each of the things on the list.
- Click on “Submit for Review” on the right side of the page.
****Students who have a page with a picture for each of the things on the list will win a special prize! (It will be delivered by Mousy, so you might be able to guess what it will be!)